2 Great Ways to Start Your Day with Green Veggies
1. Add green veggies to your smoothie/protein shake.
If you have yet to give this a try, do not hesitate any longer! Mixing green veggies into your smoothie is a great way to sneak them into your diet early on in the day. Not only does it provide numerous health benefits, but it also still keeps your smoothie tasting delicious!
Below, you will find one of our favorite green smoothie recipes. Make sure to give it a try:
GREEN NUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE
Blend the following:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (coconut milk/coconut water/water work as well)
- Large Handful of organic spinach, preferably frozen
- Small handful of organic kale, optional; preferably frozen
- 1/2 – 1 organic zucchini
- 1 small banana, preferably frozen
- 1 tbsp. organic peanut butter/almond butter/cashew butter
- 1 scoop protein powder, optional
2. Mix them in your eggs.
Add green veggies to your skillet with sunny-side-up eggs, scrambled eggs and omelets. You can even add them to your egg muffins! These are all great ways to enjoy your traditional egg breakfast, along with the extra health benefits that come along with eating green veggies!
On that note, have ann eggcellent day and eat your green veggies!
Happy Hump Day, everyone!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!