Are you looking for a low carb breakfast idea for St. Patrick’s Day?
These Shamrock Fried Eggs are delicious, healthy and a lot of fun for St. Patty’s or any day of the year!
- 2 large organic green bell peppers
- 8 pastured eggs
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter
- Sea salt, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- – Slice the bell peppers into rings that are about 3/4″ thick, for a total of 4 rings per bell pepper
- – Melt half of the butter in a frying pan, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat
- – Place 4 of the bell pepper rings in the cast iron pan and turn once, after a minute
- – Crack an egg inside each bell pepper ring
- – Season the egg with sea salt, garlic and pepper
- – Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the white is set and the yolk reaches your desired doneness. It should take about 3-5 minutes
- – Remove the shamrock fried egg from the pan and serve while hot. I like to top mine with Cholula Green Pepper Sauce
- – Repeat with the remaining tablespoon of butter, 4 bell pepper rings and eggs
- – Now the whole family can enjoy a fun St. Patrick’s Day low carb breakfast together that’s fun and healthy!
Recipe adapted from: Happy Mothering, Chrystal Johnson